For security assurance, companies conduct external and internal penetration tests to uncover exploitable security vulnerabilities from the perspective of a malicious outsider or insider respectively.
Penetration testing (also known as pen testing) should provide evidence of how vulnerabilities can be exploited, and the risk level and potential impact of each vulnerability. Reports should give clear recommendations and solutions to help eliminate each vulnerability or reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
The goal of the penetration test is to identify vulnerabilities in your networks or applications, and to clearly demonstrate the potential security impact.
Overview of our service
An expert Penetration Test Engineer will study your network and applications and search for vulnerabilities. This is achieved through the use of semi-automated tools and is heavily dependent on manual testing and verification techniques. By analysing the results, he will expose potential vulnerabilities and customise subsequent tests, based on the initial findings.
The penetration test can include the further exploitation of vulnerabilities that are discovered (chained exploits), if explicitly requested by the client.
Options for penetration tests include:
- External Penetration Test / Pen Test – Conducted remotely on external or public facing networks or applications to identify vulnerabilities that are visible to outsiders at large.
- Internal Penetration Test / Pen Test – Conducted on the internal network to identify vulnerabilities that are visible to insiders, contractors, partners with potential malicious intent.
- Network / application level vulnerability scanning, mapping and analysis
- Manual verification of vulnerabilities
- Extensive customised manual pen tests
- Controlled exploitative testing, only if explicitly requested
- Detailed vulnerability reporting
- Removal of false positive findings
- Clear recommendations and fixes
- Access to reports via ClientConnect portal
What you receive
The results of the tests are presented logically and clearly and are provided in a report format through an online secure portal (also downloadable as a PDF).
The reports provide a view of the findings ranked by risk level, helping you prioritise on the areas of greatest risk. Clear guidance and solutions are included to help you quickly eliminate all vulnerabilities found.
What to do next
Please contact us on 020 7148 7475, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our Enquiry Form to discuss requirements, get an online demonstration, request a sample report or arrange a meeting.